Thursday, May 19, 2011

9:15 PM

Sailor Moon Fan-art work-in-progress titled "After the Battle"

Update: This painting is now finished! you can see it here

Hey everyone! :)

Just thought I'd post a work-in-progress that I recently started.

When I was a young teen, I used to watch Sailor Moon with my little cousin after school. I recently happened upon an old episode on YouTube and decided to watch a bit of the series again. It brought back a ton of memories and inspiration to create this painting.

The show is geared toward young girls so it doesn't contain much more than Serena and Darien (aka Usagi and Mamoru) kissing and I guess since I'm now older and I've watched so many R-rated shows such as The Tudors and Spartacus - I wanted to paint a slightly more erotic/sensual and realistic depiction of them together.

This image is for all you older Sailor Moon fans who always hoped to see a bit more from Serena and Daren. ;)

Overall I think the image is coming along nicely and it's been a lot of fun to work on. There is still so much work I want to do on it. His face especially needs a lot of work most of it is still in shadow now. I want to maintain as much likeness as I can to the original anime characters whilst making them look more realistic.

I should be able to finish it soon.

Thanks for your visit :)

Tanya

2 comments:

fion said...

oh this is such a nice painting~ love how they are posted~ If Darien's eyes can be seen, that might add more chemistry between the two ^^ though the moonlight was behind him

Unknown said...

Hi, thank you so much, I'm glad you like it! This piece is actually finished now if you want to take a look. Here is a link: http://cellesria.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-finished-fan-art-d.html

I had also placed a link to the finished image in the description here as well. Thanks again for your kind feedback :D

Post a Comment

Share |